Come work for us. We are a vibrant growing team, with lots of exciting projects.
Why are we Recruiting?
Limelite is one of the largest lighting, rigging and power houses for the broadcast and entertainment industry. We are growing rapidly and we need more great people to join us on our journey.
If you think you have what it takes to support an amazing team, contact us today.
About Limelite Lighting
Here at Limelite Lighting, we provide professional lighting, rigging and power for a range of television, film, event and theatre productions.
Based near to the Spa Town of Royal Tunbridge Wells in Kent, we deliver dry and wet hire services for the BBC, ITV, Netflix, commercials, events, regional and West End theatres.
Our equipment hire departments have expanded considerably over the last three years, and today we boast two warehouses within Kent, which house a vast range of hire equipment for broadcast productions.
Salary is dependent on experience
We are looking for a Power Technician to work within our temporary power department at our warehouse in Goudhurst, near Tunbridge Wells in Kent.
This position would suit someone with some electrical knowledge, ideally an electrician looking to come off the tools, but still wants to implement their expertise and training.
Please note, this is an active role that does involve heavy lifting, so please ensure you are full fit and capable before applying.
Interested? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day to day duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintaining an organised and tidy warehouse to ensure standard remain high.
- PAT testing, wiring plugs and making cables.
- Ensuring hire equipment is prepared according to schedules and strict safety procedures.
- Check-in and clean returned hires, inspect for faults/repairs.
- Assist and support the warehouse manager with administrative duties.
We are looking for someone who ideally:
- Has some basic electrical knowledge.
- Has previous warehouse experience.
- Takes pride in maintaining an organised and tidy workplace.
- Is able to follow procedures.
- Has a good level of communication skills.
- Is willing and able to perform manual labour (lifting, carrying and loading lorries).
- Is prepared to get stuck and be a team player.
Normal working hours are 8am to 5pm with a 1-hour lunch break. However, the nature of the industry often dictates irregular working hours, including evenings and weekends. Therefore, some flexibility is essential, but is rewarded with overtime paid at time-and-a-half the agreed hourly rate.
Limelite Lighting is a vibrant and growing business. Therefore, the preferred attributes of any new recruits are enthusiasm, self-motivation, hard working, team player, methodical and personable. A good sense of humour is also favourable!